22 August 2010

It's raining, it's pouring...

BOO. HISS.

I woke up to the sound of rain this morning. Just before I leave for my mini break. I tried to stay optimistic - people are forever telling me about 'lake effect' weather in this part of the world, so I went off to weather.com to see if there might me a freak heat wave by the lake.

Nope, constant rain til Tuesday, which coincidentally is the day we're coming home. I may need to stop and get some indoor toys for the monkey. And books for me.

But it does give me a chance to show you some of the extremely cool vintage rain gear there is hanging around etsy. You gotta hand it to people who can stay stylish even when it's peeing it down.


Vintage Mod Multi Colored raincoat $46 semprevintage.etsy.com

 Vintage 60s Navy and White Raincoat $60 garconniere.etsy.com

Aren't they fab?

While we're on the subject of rain gear, a quick, ever so mild word of warning regarding 'titanic' era umbrellas - I've seen many 70s umbrellas being passed off as much much older, and for ridiculous prices. Please do your research if you want to buy antique umbrella.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including my poppy jacket. I live on the wet west coast of Canada so having functional but stylish raingear is a must!
    Empress

    ReplyDelete