04 June 2010

Friday Finds: Airstream Living

I love Airstreams. Ideally I'd own like 5 of them and have them be all different rooms in a disconnected house. Of course that wouldn't work up here in the frozen north, but maybe down south somewhere.


Image by http://www.vintageairstream.com/

I've seen some seriously cool stuff done with the insides of them too - Magnolia Pearl - who I love btw - did hers up beautifully:

 You can see the full sized pics on her blog, which is also amazing, here:  http://magnoliapearlblog.blogspot.com/

I especially love the claw foot bath. In an Airstream. That's what I'm talking about my friends.

Personally, I think I'd cover the ceiling in vintage maps - like these from VintagePaperWorks:

 Antique 1887 Map of Burma/Siam $10

And put up lots of lace curtains - I particularly like these from FadedGrandeur:
  Pair of Vintage French Filet Lace Curtains $49.90

Since I'm not one for ott girly really, I'd probably offset the lace with more industrial fixtures, I love this lamp from TheDirtyLoft:

  Industrial Metal Hanging Lamp $60

I know storage would be an issue in such a small space - but check this out from BellaroseSignature:

 Vintage Greek Key Brass Mail Boxes $250

They're only 15 inches deep, which would be perfect.

I can haz?

3 comments:

  1. I would LOVE one of those... I love that it can look spaceage on the outside but vintage couture on the inside!

    I'm kinda loving those brass mail boxes too!

    Little Rachael Vintage
    Http://littlerachaelvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, all those items are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that light fixture. And a footed tub in an Airstream? Brilliant! I too dream of owning one some day.

    ReplyDelete