27 June 2010

Look what I grew!

By myself.

In the ground.

With seeds.

I'm very proud.

It was actually a perfect day to play in the dirt - I'm so fair that usually I can only go a few hours in the full sun before burning, but yesterday was cool and overcast, so  managed to get the carrots, peas, beets, broccoli and peppers all weeded.

As much as I complain about weeding, I actually love the simplicity of it - weed, not a weed, weed, not a weed. It would be really nice if the same thing applied to life, but I generally find that the things that look good tend to turn out to be weeds, and the stuff you think is worthless is the harvest.

It's really annoying.

2 comments:

  1. a Philosopher too

    ReplyDelete
  2. "....but I generally find that the things that look good tend to turn out to be weeds, and the stuff you think is worthless is the harvest."

    So true in life....it IS annoying!!

    ReplyDelete