19 November 2012

Braided Crochet Scarf Pattern

I dunno. Somehow when it starts to get colder I start crocheting in earnest. Also Micheal's had an awesome sale on Vanna's Choice yarn last week, so I bought them out :) I made this scarf in Mustard, with a 4.25mm hook, but bear in mind I tend to stitch big, so you may want to go up a hook size. Also, this is my first attempt at a pattern, and it's un tested, so if you spot a mistake please let me know!

This scarf is super easy and works up quick, but I think the braiding makes it something a little different.
Row 1: (Make 3) Ch 202, DC in 3rd ch from hook and each ch til the end (200 st)

Row 2: Ch 2, turn, DC in first st and each til the end. End off.

Finish as follows:

Line your 3 strips up, you will be working along the row ends. Join yarn to the far right corner.

Row 1: SC 4 times in each strip, making a row of 12 SC

Row 2: Ch 1, turn SC in each st til end (12 St)

Rows 3-6: Repeat Row 2, end off.
Braid strips as evenly and flatly as you can until you reach the end, and line the row ends up. Join yarn at far right corner and proceed as follows.

Row 1: SC 4 times in each strip, making a row of 12 SC

Row 2: Ch 1, turn SC in each st til end (12 St)

Rows 3-6: Repeat Row 2. End off and weave in ends.

My finished scarf is approx. 60 inches long.

Enjoy!

1 comment: