13 April 2012

DIY Bridal Shower Prayer Tree

My sister in law is getting married this summer, and I get to be the maid of honor! I'm really excited, I LOVE weddings.

Her shower's in a few weeks now, and since it's going to be a large gathering of people who don't really know each other that well, we thought it would be best to forgo most of the usual games, but I still wanted there to be some activities to get people talking to each other, and also so the bride would have something to remember the day.

So I made this:


The leaves aren't stuck on yet - the idea is that each guest can right a prayer of wish for the bride on a leaf and then stick it to the tree. Or because I tend to be a control freak, it's more likely I'll collect them in a basket and stick them on myself in a visually pleasing manner ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is a wonderful idea and made me chuckle about gathering the leaves to stick them on yourself. What a neat heirloom!

    ReplyDelete